I send an S.O.S. to the world, I hope that someone gets my message in a bottle.Sting – 1979
Monday 15 of June
Back to the Future
Yes we can.
On eight of June, New Zealand’s Prime Minister said that a major milestone had just been reached as the last person infected by Coronavirus tested negative and was declared healed. All restrictions, excluding border closure, have been lifted as New Zealand focus now shifts to recovery.
Fighting the virus in New Zealand was simpler: the nation is made of two islands, making people movements easier to control, and is blessed by a unique natural situation, that allows social distancing at little cost.
New Zealand was also the last place were I made a proper road trip. Back in October 2019, with my girlfriend, we drove three thousand kilometers in the South Island. In two wonderful weeks we explored rivers, mountains, fjords and glaciers, bringing home a lot of great memories.
- Chronicles of Coronavirus
- 11th of June – Get Rid of Your Ghosts
- 31st of May – Getting Better
- 26th of May – Hopes for a Fresh Start
- 25th of May – Don’t Be a Fool
- 22nd of May – Two Months Ago
- 21st of May – Adjusting Every Day
- 20th of May – Moving on
- 19th of May – A Breath of Fresh Air
- 18th of May – The Golden Cage
- 17th of May – My Hood
- 16th of May – Back Home
- 15th of May – The World Outside
- 14th of May – It Ain’t Over ‘Til It’s Over
- 13th of May – A Haircut, Finally
- 12th of May – The Mask
- 11th of May – Headwinds
- 10th of May – Tailor-made Truth
- 9th of May – Toy Story
- 8th of May – Red and Green
- 7th of May – A Beer and a Football Match
- 6th of May – Love at the Time of COVID-19
- 5th of May – The Importance of Testing
- 4th of May – Slowly but Safely?
- 3rd of May – Learning to Fly?
- 2nd of May – A Little Good News
- 1st of May – International Workers’ Day
- 30th of April – Smoking Gun
- 29th of April – Private Matters
- 28th of April – I Say a Little Prayer for You
- 27th of April – When Will it End?
- 26th of April – Cause and Effect
- 25th of April – Liberation Day
- 24th of April – Outside
- 23rd of April – Elections Year
- 22nd of April – Birthday Time
- 21st of April – Good News, Bad News
- 20th of April – A Pirate Promise
- 19th of April – Such a Perfect Day
- 18th of April – Just Do It!
- 17th of April – The Past Does Not Predict the Future
- 16th of April – Downtown
- 15th of April – Is This Day-0?
- 14th of April – What it Takes to Steer a Ship
- 13th of April – An Unusual Sight
- 12th of April – Happy Easter
- 11th of April – News of the World
- 10th of April – Good Friday
- 9th of April – First World Problems
- 8th of April – Ideas Worth Spreading
- 7th of April – Welcome into my Home Office
- 6th of April – A Sepia Postcard
- 5th of April – Bicycle Ride
- 4th of April – What Would we Bring on a Desert Island
- 3rd of April – A Non Zero Sum Game
- 2nd of April – A Message from a Friend
- 1st of April – April Fools’
- 31st of March – A Smart Idea
- 30th of March – Inverting the Trend, Maybe
- 29th of March – A Voice from the Past
- 28th of March – Glimpses of Hope
- 27th of March – Rolling Sleeves Up
- 26th of March – The Winner Takes it All
- 25th of March – Predicting the Future
- 24th of March – Meanwhile, In a Far Distant Place
- 23rd of March – #social_distancing
- 22nd of March – Stay out of my Place
Chronicles of Coronavirus
As more and more countries implement social distancing policies to try to contain the Coronavirus epidemics, some news websites estimate that today, more than a billion people are at home. Since this unwanted guest made his way into our houses, we are forced to rediscover life in a confined space. Today I start my chronicles from confinement. It is a way to defy boredom, reach out to the outside world and share what happens in this part of the world. These are difficult days, but we will overcome difficulties and who knows, maybe learn something from all this.